The CTBTO Youth Group webinar “Let’s Build Bridges: Making CYG Voices Heard” co-organized by CYG members Brenna Gautam and Natalia Zhurina will be held on Thursday, July 16th, 17.00 Vienna time.
The webinar will bring together seasoned journalists, including prominent Russian journalist Vladimir Pozner and filmmaker/nuclear disarmament educator Cynthia Lazaroff, together with youth for a discussion on how to contribute to global citizenship and raise awareness of nuclear threat on the 75th anniversary of the Trinity nuclear test, the first ever detonation of a nuclear device. Although progress has been made in the past 75 years, the risks of nuclear testing remain today, as long as the CTBT’s entry into force remains pending.
Civil activism and the energy of youth are key to the success of the CTBT and to disarmament and non-proliferation more broadly, so we would love to have your voice included in the discussion!
In addition to a robust Q&A, topics to be discussed will include:
- Storytelling for change: waking the general public up to the danger of nuclear threats
- Historical overview: perception of nuclear threats in the 1980s and new strategies for engagement today
- The role of youth in raising awareness and bringing change
- The role of journalism in helping realize shared interests
- Learning from past examples of successful citizen diplomacy, such as the US-Russian citizen spacebridges of the 1980s
Please mark your calendars and save the date.
Please bring your questions and thoughts! Registered participants will have the opportunity to submit questions ahead of the event.
We look forward to building bridges together with you!