The CTBTO Youth Group was launched at the symposium on “Science and Diplomacy for Peace and Security: the [email protected]“, held in Vienna, Austria, from 25 January to 4 February 2016. The importance of engaging youth was one of the main outcomes of the symposium
I believe that the time has come to bring youth more firmly on board. I wish to invite all students and young graduates who are directing their careers to contribute to global peace and security to join a new CTBTO Youth Group.
-Executive Secretary Lassina Zerbo
The group is open to all students and young graduates who are directing their careers to contribute to global peace and security and who wish to actively engage in promoting the CTBT and its verification regime.
CTBTO Youth Group Objectives
- REVITALISE the discussion around the CTBT among former, current, and emerging decision-makers, scientists, academics, experts, and the media
- RAISE AWARENESS of the importance of the nuclear-test-ban on a global level
- BUILD a basis for knowledge transfer to the next generation
- INVOLVE new technologies in advancing the CTBT’s universalization and entry-into-force
- PLACE the CTBT on the agenda of the world’s most important nuclear-related events