*Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2021 Coordination Team
The 2019-2020 CYG Coordination Team (CT) and CYG Task Force are very excited to announce a call for applications for all interested CYG members to become the next cohort of Coordination Team members, representing your respective region or a thematic area.
About the Coordination Team
Championed by CYG members in 2017, the Coordination Team helps advance the strategic objectives of CYG, supports effective and consistent communications between CYG members and the CTBTO and supports informal mentoring of new members.
Furthermore, they embody the guiding principles of the CYG code of conduct: speaking, writing, acting and interacting with respect, courtesy, openness, neutrality and inclusiveness.
New for the 2020-2021 cohort, CT members will be challenged to develop and implement a year-long action plan consisting of 2 - 3 "big idea" initiatives that will help to bring further the strategic priorities of the group.
Strategic Priorities of CYG for 2020-2021
- Boost the intergenerational dialogue with all generations that have experience on nuclear testing, nuclear risks, great powers competition that the youth don’t have. How do we bring this knowledge to the table so we can learn from this generation and move forward.
- Creating links and bridges with other organizations and youth programmes . There is a lot of focus and energy around the climate change debate, environmental sustainability, SDGs, gender equality and youth in peace and security. Tap into this synergy.
- Fostering dialogue between young scientists and young policy makers. The COVID-19 pandemic further emphasizes that science is indispensable. We have to learn the language of science and also be able to sell science in a policy way. We need to ensure that scientific facts become acceptable in a policy debate.
- Promoting regional dialogue and ensuring greater involvement of underrepresented countries and regions.
Application Procedure and Timeline
Submit your application by 2 October 2020 to be considered for a position in the 2020-2021 CYG Coordination team. Please carefully review the complete details and background information provided in the full call for applications here.
- Proposal submission period: 3 September – 2 October 2020
- Proposal review period: 2 October - 16 October
- Notification of selection: 30 October
- New Coordination Team orientation: November 2020
We encourage you to seize this unique opportunity to think boldly about how you can contribute to these areas and the ideas that you can bring to the table. This is an opportunity for you and CYG colleagues to put into practice your skills, knowledge, leadership capacities and ambitions for the greater good!
Have a question? Post it on the 2020-2021 Coordination Team discussion board here.