CYG Introductory Curriculum
Say hello to the CYG Introductory Curriculum
Tips for CYG members, CTBT foundational topics, and a badge and certificate of completion!
We are pleased to announce the launch of the CYG Introductory Curriculum!
The curriculum provides CYG members with a centralized and comprehensive resource for making the most of the CYG experience and for learning about important foundational CTBT topics.
- Do you know when the CTBT opened for signature?
- The composition of the IMS network including the different verification technologies used?
- Who can access monitoring data and how are man-made phenomena distinguished from naturally occurring phenomena?
- How many Executive Council votes are needed for the approval of an On-Site Inspection? (Is it even possible to conduct an On-Site Inspection before the CTBT has entered into force?)
- Can monitoring data be used for purposes other than nuclear test monitoring?
These are just a small fraction of the topics that are covered in the curriculum. Course sections include:
- Tips for Becoming an Active and Effective CYG Member
- The History of Nuclear Testing and the CTBT
- The International Monitoring System
- The International Data Centre
- On-Site Inspection
- Civil and Scientific Applications of the Verification Regime
The curriculum consists of freshly redesigned e-learning modules (which were generously funded by the European Union), and quizzes to help you assess what you've learned.
Members who successfully complete the curriculum will be awarded a digital badge that will be displayed on the profile as well as a certificate of successful completion.
Don't delay and get started today! Good luck!