We are looking forward to welcoming you to Vienna at the 2020 Science Diplomacy Symposium. In the next few days we will schedule a conference call with all of you to brief you on the program and on your role at the conference. Meanwhile, I write because I would like to recruit one speaker for the EU sponsored lunch event on March 30.
I am looking for a CYG who has – ideally – a scientific background, is a strong communicator. I am looking for somebody who would be willing to share their views on how as a scientist encountering the CYG initiative and CTBTO has grown professionally and has become more aware of policy issues.
I am looking for somebody who would be able to address an high level audience of roughly 200 diplomats and academics.
Young female SCIENTISTS AND PROFESSIONALS from all countries around the world PLEASE DO APPLY!!!!
If interested, here is what you need to do:
Send Francesca Giovannini an email ([email protected]) with the following info:
- YOUR CURRENT INSTITUTIONAL AFFILIATION – IF YOU ARE STUDENT – WHAT DISCIPLINE
- WHAT IS YOUR STORY? 4 LINES OF WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH THE PANEL – make it brief, compelling and related to CTBTO Youth Group!
Here is the LINE-UP OF THE PANEL
- Welcome remarks
- Wolfgang Bogensberger, Deputy Head of Representation of the European Commission in Austria
- EU Approach to Science Diplomacy: Some reflections
- Stephan Klement, EU Ambassador and Head of Delegation of the European Union to the International Organisations in Vienna
- EU Science Diplomacy Future Prospects
- Marga Soler, Adviser Board Member, Using Science for/in Diplomacy for Addressing Global Challenges (S4D4C)
- A Professional Journey: Reflections from a Young SCIENTIST from CTBTO Youth Group
Policy and Strategy Officer, Office of the Executive Secretary