Marius Jano of the CTBTO's CYG Task Force shares a message about the exciting Building Bridges initiative. Join us for the second webinar on 18 March to connect with other youth led organizations and other CYG members are we explore synergies and areas of potential collaboration.
Register here by 15 March
Details about Building Bridges on 18 March
The next online event of Building Bridges project series will take place on 18 March 2021. The event will include two panel discussions, a video-message from the UN SG Envoy on Youth, Ms. Jayathma Wickramanayake and a working session where up to 80 CYG members can participate and exchange views on the opportunities for cooperation. That said, we are inviting each of you to register and be part of the working groups and contribute by sharing your ideas and thoughts on the topics.
The Tentative Agenda for the Webinar on 18 March:
Segment 1: Working Session (Closed Webex Meeting for registered CYG members)
- 14:00 - Welcoming Remarks
- 14:15 - Breakout Sessions
- 15:00 - Presentations of Joint Initiatives
- 15:30 - Break
Segment 2: Webinar and Discussion Panel (open to the public, view via live streams on CYG website, Facebook or Twitter)
- 15:40 - Video message from Ms. Ms. Jayathma Wickramanayake
- 16:50 - First Panel Discussion on the Role of Youth on SDGs
- 16:30 - Second Panel Discussion on Gender and Nuclear Disarmament
- 17:10 - Closing Remarks
- African Young Generation in Nuclear- Brings together national networks of young professionals in nuclear field and other related disciplines in the African continent.
- YOUNGO - Youth Constituency of the UNFCCC that consists of many youth-led organizations, groups, delegations, and individuals working in climate change-related fields.
- Nuclear and Strategy Network - New Generation (RNS-NG) – Intended for students and young professionals interested in improving their knowledge on military nuclear issues.
- Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens - Uses its expertise and network to work for peace, poverty eradication, empowerment of youth and women, justice and human rights worldwide.
- Young Global Academy – Empowers young researchers to lead interdisciplinary, and inter-generational dialogue with the goal to make decision-making evidence-based and inclusive.
- SDSN- Promotes integrated approaches to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Looking forward to working with each of you!
About the "Building Bridges, Nurture Partnerships, Embrace Dialogue" initiative
In partnership with the Government of Switzerland, the CTBTO is conducting the “Building Bridges, Nurture Partnership, Embrace Dialogue” project with the aim of connecting CTBTO Youth Group (CYG) members with other youth movements focusing on climate change, sustainable development, and peace and security advocacy.
The first part of the project took place on 3 December 2020, which boosted communication and the sharing of ideas within the CYG community on how to raise the visibility of the CTBT worldwide. The outcome of the first webinar was essential in defining an outreach strategy to other youth movements from a variety of fields and disciplines (join the Building Bridges group on the CYG portal here).